I have been reading Chuck Colson's book "The Good Life". I came across a quote from the book that really had me thinking. He said...
Our character is determined not by our circumstances but by our reaction to those circumstances
That has been one of my major problems lately. I want the circumstances to be perfect instead of realizing that they will never be perfect. I took this job because it offered me somethings that I did not have at my last job. However, in turn I am now working for a younger and smaller company that does not have the experience and systems in place that my former company had. So how do I react to that? Instead of whinning I need to realize that this is actually a wonderful opportuntiy for me to really grow with a young, agressive company. My goal of being a VP would never have happened at my last company. But I have a real chance to make a difference with this company and reach that goal.
So today, Monday, I need to focus on my goals for today and make the most of every moment I have!! When distractions come, I need to react to them instead of complaining about them. God help me to work hard for your glory today!!
Goals:
1. Set up calls for today
2. Follow up with Jason at Habasit and Andy at Spear about the rates I submitted last week.
3. Contact each of my customers looking for business.
4. Call through pile of leads...especially the leads Craig gave me. Start with those first!
No comments:
Post a Comment