I stayed up late last night watching the Stanley Cup game that went into triple overtime! So I am a little tired today. How do I react to that in a way to reach my goals for today? Well, right now I have a huge cup of coffee in front of me and I am not planning on slowing down today! I need to stay focused and busy.
Yesterday I actually worked on all of the goals I had but it still felt like it was an unproductive day because I had trouble getting people on the phone. I could not get Andy or Jason the phone or by e-mail for feedback on my rates. As I called through the pile of leads I reached a lot of voice mail. I think I need to keep trying to call other companies until I actually reach someone. Sometimes when I get a lot of voice mails I ended up quiting and working on something else. In one way I reached my goal because I did make the calls but in another way it really was not productive. Do I just want to reach these goals or be as productive as I can? Or maybe I need to be a little more specific with my goals?
Oh yeah....now I have the added distraction of a friend who wants to start a company similar to the one I work for now. He wants me to own and run it with him. It will be a long time (18 months to 2 years) before we get to that point but it is something that can derail my current goals. So while I am working for this company I need to stay focused and dedicated to the work I am doing here. I want to reach the goals I set for this job!
Here are today's goals...
1. Try to reach Jason and Andy for feedback on rates. I went a little crazy trying to reach Jason yesterday so I may try later today for him.
2. try to get some business from my current customers.
3. Really, seriously call through your pile of leads. You need to work on this all day!!! If you get voice mails go to the next one. Do not give up so easily on this. This pile of leads is your life blood.
4. Go through all of the activies in ACT.
God, I give you this day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment