I tried to stay on track yesterday but I was bombarded with thoughts relating to a set back. I have concerns over whether my operations department can handle anymore new business. And I know that my business is not always the priority. I know that is not intentional but based on the fact that there are not enough people in my operations department. So of course that sent the thoughts into my mind about whether I made the right decision, whether I can bring in business that will be taken seriously. Can I really bring in enough business to reach my goal of 20K by Oct, and 100k after that? Can I reach my goal of being a VP if I do not think my business will receive the attention it needs? Well I spent a lot of time thinking about this last night as I cleaned my pool. Here is what I came up with...
1. I do not currently have enough business to really whine about this. This is only my second month here and all I have right now is small potatoes.
2. Craig was able to secure millions of dollars in sales before this company even existed. If he can do that then I can bring in enough business to prove that we need more people to handle it. Until then I need to shut my mouth and focus on my goals! Craig told me at one point that if more people are needed he will hire them. My goal is to make more people needed by my business!
What a distraction this becomes if you let it. Thoughts, concerns, the "what if's" are enough to derail any goal. Until my goals no longer make sense I am determined to "...fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds worth of distance run...". Starting today!!!!
Goals for today....
1. Follow up on rates to Spear and Habasit
2. Call though pile of leads...get names, and any other info I need to get started with these companies.
3. Use online networks to get introduced to people at large companies that I am focused on.
4. Make the most of every moment today!! Stop complaining and make opportunties happen!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment