Friday, July 18, 2008

End of the week

The end of another week. Overall this was a good week. I brought in more business this third week of the month than I had in the third weeks of the last 3 months. I still have not reached my goals for this month but I feel like I have been working a lot harder at reaching those goals this month than I did last month. So I am making progress!

So I need to focus today on prospecting to work on filling my pipeline. Here are some things I have learned about prospecting:
1. It is hard...no one will deny that.
2. You will definitely face A LOT of rejection!
3. If you keep working through the rejection you will eventually discover the treasure of new business!! If you quit or work on easy stuff you will not.

I think of 2 treasure hunters: one works hard: digging, planning, traveling, getting sweaty, getting stuck with nothing many days. Then the other guy found some treasure after a little work and decided to take it easy. Occasionally he ventures out but quickly come back once he gets to sweaty. The first treasure hunter finds a great deal of treasure and ends up very wealthy. The second treasure hunter finds a small amount of treasure and has enough to get by.

The point is that the first treasure hunter finds a lot of treasure because he worked for it...it was not easy. He may have felt pain, frustration, wondering why he contuines to do this...but it all pays off for him. I want to be this kind of sales person! I want to work hard, deal with the pain and rejection because that is the path to real treasure. Not sitting back on business you already have....

So today..Friday July 18th..I plan to spend a lot of time "getting dirty" prospecting.

No comments: